Globe Rowing Club is a vibrant junior squad with about 30 members aged 13-18 years. The squad trains with the aim of competing at various regattas, from local to regional and national events.
The clubhouse and gym, are located in Greenwich, while the main location for junior on-water rowing is the Royal Albert Dock near London City Airport.
Number of sessions and commitment to training is based on both athlete age, and personal aspiration. The club caters for:
- Beginners, who have an opportunity to learn to row
- Competition rowers, who want to train to race at local and regional regattas
- Performance rowers, who are committed to training with the intention of winning national events or trialing for a place in the junior Great Britain Rowing Team
All rowers are given the opportunity to progress through the squads. Coaches will advise as to whether athletes are ready to progress based on development, commitment, age and ability. Globe Rowing Club offers a safe, nurturing and fun environment in which to learn and develop. The club aims to support everyone in fulfilling their full potential.
Example training schedules:
Summer Training: Royal Albert Dock (April-September)
- Beginner Sessions, Saturday 10am-12pm, supported by qualified coaches and competent senior athletes to help improve skill development
- Competition Sessions, Saturday 7:30am-12pm, Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm
- Performance Sessions, Monday-Thursday 5pm-7pm and Saturday 7:30am-12pm
Winter Training: Royal Albert Dock and Greenwich (October-March)
- Beginner Sessions, Saturday 10am-12pm, Monday and Wednesday 4:45pm-6:45pm, supported by qualified coaches and competent senior athletes to help improve skill development
- Competition Sessions, Saturday 7:30am-12pm, Monday and Wednesday 4:45pm-6:45pm
- Performance Sessions, Monday-Thursday 4:45pm-6:45pm and Saturday 7:30am-12pm
Globe Rowing Club, 11-13 Crane Street, Greenwich, London, SE10 9NP
Royal Albert Dock, Dockside Rd, London, E16 2QT
Head Junior Rowing Coach, Maurice Coughlan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Club secretary: email@example.com
Junior Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Globe Rowing Club follows British Rowing’s Safeguarding & Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults policy. If anyone has a concern they can contact our clubs Welfare Officer: email@example.com