London Youth Rowing (LYR) are recruiting Rowing Session Coaches to support sessions in Leeds.
As the face of LYR, you will be leading and/or supporting your colleagues in running fun and engaging sessions. Working with participants from a range of different backgrounds, introducing them to the sport of rowing and encouraging them to find their true self.
Pay and Hours
Our session coaches are paid between £10.85 and £15.00, depending on the level of qualification that they hold. The hours for this role are flexible and can vary depending on the level of bookings and time of year.
- Overseeing the experience participants have with us from the moment that they arrive on site to when they leave
- Organising and checking equipment before and after sessions
- Planning and preparing sessions for participants of various skill and ability, from beginners to more experienced to SEND
- Managing groups on and off water
- Monitoring and recording attendance for all sessions you are involved with
- Reporting any incidents, damage or safeguarding concerns using the correct channels
- Engaging participants in safe and fun sessions
- Evaluating the progress of participants and sharing feedback with them directly as well as your peers
- Reporting to Head Coaches regarding session content and participant attendance
- Maintaining LYR administration tasks relevant to your session
- Coaching LYR participants at their appropriate level of rowing ability, creating a fun and safe environment to encourage development
- Working independently and in a team with other LYR coaches, across London rowing sites
- Helping manage and maintain LYR equipment
Experience and Qualifications
- Some experience rowing, or within another water sport, needed
- Level 2 Rowing Coaching qualification desirable but not essential
- Proof of relevant coaching experience
- Previous experience of working independently
Equality of Opportunity
London Youth Rowing (LYR) has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both service delivery and in the employment of people and expects all its employees and volunteers to understand and promote this policy in all their work.
Guide to Applying
In order to apply for this role, you should submit:
- An updated CV which shows your full career history with any breaks explained, we recommend that this is no longer than three pages
- A supporting statement explaining why you are interested in this role, detailing how you are a good candidate for this role and how you fulfil the person specification, again we recommend that this is no longer than three pages