The roles will be based at Mossbourne Community Academy (MCA) and Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (MVPA) in Hackney and will also work at the Royal Docks Adventure water sports centre in Newham. This is an exciting role which includes both on-water and gym based coaching, working with a range of athletes from beginners through to those with high performance ambitions. You will be based at the Royal Docks Adventure for on-water sessions, and in a Mossbourne Federation school for gym and land training sessions. As an employee of London Youth Rowing (LYR), you will report to the Head Coach at MCA and work alongside the existing full time and part time coaching team already in post. We particularly welcome applications from female coaches. The successful candidate will be driven, confident and excited about supporting young rowers achieve their goals to the highest standard.
• Delivering training sessions to a programme set by the Head Coach
• Coaching participants at their appropriate level of rowing ability, creating a fun and safe environment to encourage development
• Working independently and in a team with other LYR coaches
• Helping manage and maintain boats, rowing machines and other equipment
• Attending Regattas and Events as necessary.
Experience & Qualification
• Essential: Minimum Level 2 Rowing Coaching qualification
• Essential: Launch driving qualification (RYA Level 2 or equivalent) and experience essential
• Essential: Full UK Driving Licence or equivalent with three years driving experience
• Highly desirable: Trailer driving license and towing experience
• First Aid desirable
• Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate desirable.
• Experience coaching young people from backgrounds under-represented in the sport of rowing
Equality of Opportunity:
The Mossbourne Federation and LYR have a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both service delivery and in the employment of people and expects all their employees and volunteers to understand and promote this policy in their work.
The selection of the successful candidate will be made by London Youth Rowing in partnership with Mossbourne Federation.
London Youth Rowing Limited reserves the right to vary this job description from time to time to meet the particular circumstances facing the Mossbourne Rowing Academy Programme and organisation.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter outlining yourrelevant skills and experience, and reasons for wanting to take on this role.
Start date: January 2023
Deadline for applications: 17:00 on 7th December 2022, but we will conduct rolling interviews for candidates as applications are received.
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to appointment, formal checks will be made in accordance with the current statutory requirements relating to child protection. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.