Race the Thames 2023 is scheduled to take place between the 6th to the 13th February 2023. Join us to Bust the Winter Blues and support your chosen charity. The best reasons to get involved are:
- Team building - bring your teams together from across the country or the world. it's amazing to hear the stories of the impact we've had
- Getting active - the event is great for those who are motivated and active to inspire those who are less active and build teams to make a positive impact for those who are hard to reach.
- Health and Wellbeing - Busting the winter blues is the ultimate goal. We see a massive impact when team captains encourage and cajole those who are struggling with the winter months to get active and into a positive social group no matter where they are.
This will be our 3rd Race the Thames, with 210 teams that have entered so far, fundraising over £250,000 for over 50 amazing causes to date,
Join the community reinventing rowing!
The event overview is:
- Get a team of 8 to 'race' the thames using any sport over the week.
- This challenge event is 346km long: The river Thames Source to Sea.
- Participants can run, cycle, row, ski, trampoline, weight lift, etc...
- Indoors or outdoors, from anywhere in the world.
- Submission of scores is low tech, just a simple online form.
- The whole event comes to life on the LYR Arena (Link below) with the leaderboards, map, media and highlights videos.
- There is a race event for those with rowing machines: 72km in a day.